RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
History and composition ?

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School View previous topic
View next topic

History and composition ?
mollie

Post History and composition ? Reply with quote
I am considering enrolling in Kolbe after attempting the last few weeks on my own! My daughters are in 3rd and 5th. I really love using Excellence in Writing, Sea to Shining Sea American history, and Connecting with History vol 1 (creation through Christ). We enjoy using these programs together. Would we be able to continue these programs if enrolled? If not, are there any subjects that can be taught together? My favorite part of the day is snuggling up with them and reading great history books. Thank you for any input!
Pax Christi,
Mollie
Jupiter, FL
Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Hi Mollie-

Yes, you are more than welcome to use whatever curriculum best fits your family while still being enrolled with us and receiving credit on a transcript. If you are looking to take advantage of our transcript/records service (not everyone enrolled always does - and it isn't required), you would send in with your report card one written and graded sample of work from each subject for each quarter, regardless of the curriculum you are using. Also, when you send in your first quarter report, you will need to send in a course of study form (that we provide), in which you fill in the names of the books/curriculum you are using for each subject.

History is a great course to teach together... that and science are usually fairly easy to teach together in some capacity at that age. Let us know if you'd like more info.

God bless,
Megan Lengyel

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: