RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
4th Grade History

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School View previous topic
View next topic

4th Grade History
mez4family

Post 4th Grade History Reply with quote
Would it be too overwhelming to do both history tracks in 4th grade - LoOL and Famous Men? Or, would it be too redundant?
Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:30 am View user's profile Send private message
sharonh

Post Reply with quote
I did LoOL as my main text and did Famous Men as a read-a-loud with no daily work or testing on Famous Men.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
If you are looking to supplement history, then great! As long as other core subjects aren't suffering of course!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ksweet

Post Reply with quote
I am doing the same thing. Using LOL as the main and just reading through the stories in FMG. I do look at some of the questions in the FMG Teacher's Guide and read the answers to some of the questions aloud as a review for that story. We are not going to be taking our time writing down the names of gods and godesses. I do not think it is a good use of our time to do that. I think a general introduction is good at this point and pointing out the relevance of the similarities in all the stories to stories or lessons in the Bible. I think that the Greeks were still living in a culture surrounded by people not believing in the one true God, so they had to make up stories to explain the existence of everything as well as explaining how their special gifts and talents were developed.

Kimberly
Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: