RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Essay writing-don't give up!

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Learning Disabilities View previous topic
View next topic

Essay writing-don't give up!
foyfam1

Post Essay writing-don't give up! Reply with quote
Hi! I just posted in the "student achievement" section about my 17 yo son getting 8/12 on his SAT essay. We are more than thrilled! He struggles with many learning disabilities from birth trama, including dysgraphis, ADHD, and other issues that affect his ability to organize his thoughts, and his life for that matter. His essays in 9th grade were terrible. The handwriting was illegible, and they took days to write, often needed 3 rewrites to be even "passable". He could talk for hours on the role of the Church in early Rome, but to write it down was a huge task. For some reason, in 10th grade, the Sadlier writing book just clicked with him, and we were off. He went from 2 or 3 really bad paragraphs to 5 very well written ones. it took that whole year, but we made it!

I guess I just want to say "don't give up"! You never can tell what your child is capable of doing. We would have never in our dreams thought he'd be able to do this, but he did it!

Good luck and God bless all our special children, and their special parents!

Mary in NJ
Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:32 am View user's profile Send private message
ksewell

Post Reply with quote
What a great feeling that must be...yea!!! Thanks for sharing/inspiring us!
God bless.
Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:00 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Learning Disabilities All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: