RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
experiences with Henle vs. Wheelock

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Parent Interaction View previous topic
View next topic

experiences with Henle vs. Wheelock
introibo

Post experiences with Henle vs. Wheelock Reply with quote
I know a few years back there was a summary of the differences between Henle and Wheelock for Latin. Does anybody here have experiences using BOTH? Can I get some feedback?
My situation: I've used Wheelock for three students so far with mediocre results; but then, I know it is college level. Husband is the teacher; he had Latin in high school.
Daughter #4 did French this year as a freshman (I taught, and thought I taught pretty well) but she just didn't get much out of it after the first quarter. Part student fault, maybe part my fault. So now rather then repeat French or go on to French II (kind of out of the question, as she didn't really get much out of French I), we have to commit to do Latin. Seeing that she doesn't seem to have a flair for language, would Henle be possibly easier than Wheelock? I know Latin is kind of harder than the Romance languages as the nouns have case, etc.
Kolbe sent me the Henle lesson plans...maybe my mistake, maybe theirs; but I'm wondering if maybe this is a fortuitous mistake, and since the books aren't too expensive, maybe it's worth trying out Henle for a change.
Christina
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:00 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Parent Interaction All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: