RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
3rd Grade Literature

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School View previous topic
View next topic

3rd Grade Literature
mez4family

Post 3rd Grade Literature Reply with quote
I see the Catholic National book for reading but are there other books read and studied in 3rd grade in the course plans?
Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dianne Muth

Post Reply with quote
We do not include reading other than the Catholic National Reader in the course plans but do suggest that the child read other books. We do offer a Recommended Reading List, T1908 for $7.00 if you would like a guide with suggestions. A third grader would probably like Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio, James and the Giant Peach, and other similar books. It is good for a third grader to begin writing simple book reports on outside reading.
Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 am View user's profile Send private message
mez4family

Post Reply with quote
So, is reading comprehension covered in the CNR? Are book reports required with full enrollment (I'd like her to do some)?
Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Full enrollment never dictates something that is required... just an fyi!!! We've recommended in the past to do about 2 book reports/quarter, but this isn't something you must do for credit. . . it's just gentle guidance. The Kolbe Guides to the Catholic National Reader include questions for reading comprehension for each Lesson, so you'd want to be sure to get those along with the CNRs to round out the reading program. Will also ping Mrs. Muth again for any more help. Megan

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mez4family

Post Reply with quote
Thanks, since I'm not familiar with the CNR's, I wasn't sure how comprehension was handled. I've been browsing the Memoria Press reading guides, so I was trying to compare the two reading programs.
Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:06 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: