RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Curriculum Map?

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School View previous topic
View next topic

Curriculum Map?
mez4family

Post Curriculum Map? Reply with quote
Is there a curriculum map for K-6? I can flip through the online catalog, but if someone has put a map together it would be easier to use a one page progression of subjects. I can put one together, but I'd hate to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
If you look at our registration form, it's probably easier to see our general curriculum outline:

http://www.kolbe.org/Full-Enrollment/

Also our website has a great outline with descriptions for each grade level:
http://www.kolbe.org/Curriculum-by-Grade-Level/

The bookstore is okay for seeing an overall picture but isn't meant to be nice and pretty Smile.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mez4family

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Megan, that does help. I'll go through it and see where I need some more help.

Thanks
Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
JoeW

Post Kolbe course layout Reply with quote
This isn't anything official, but while I was comparing to a certain other classical curriculum, I wanted an apples-to-apple map. I'm a big Excel geek, so I laid things out in a grid using a spreadsheet.

I used the words "supplemental" somewhat loosely in the 1st-8th grades. Certain course plans note that subjects can be dropped if students are having trouble with English, math, etc., so I termed those "supplemental".

I also based the entries on the chronological history (1-8) and classics diploma (9-12) options.

Somehow, I actually enjoy doing this sort of thing, so if I can help hack something else together, let me know!

Joe

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15469566/Kolbe%20Courses.xls
Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
mez4family

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Joe! I am a total Excel geek as well and was working on my own spreadsheets Laughing Laughing ! I was doing cost comparisons along with curriculum breakdowns (and don't ask about the all the time spent creating my perfect weekly lessons workbook Wink ). Glad I'm not the only one that finds spreadsheets relaxing!

I was trying to wrap my head around the big picture so I know which path to travel or where to supplement or alter based on our family goals. This is a huge help for me, so thank you for sharing.
L
Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:57 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: