RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Online Courses

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Announcements View previous topic
View next topic

Online Courses
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Online Courses Reply with quote
We are now taking registrations for online courses. See www.kolbe.org for details.

Wed May 01, 2013 7:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JoeW

Post Reply with quote
Megan,

Exciting stuff - I'm looking forward to hearing more, both as a homeschooler and an e-learning guy!

One problem - for a supposed web geek like me that forgot to bookmark the forum address, could you leave it up on the website? The new Online Courses link seems to have bumped it. I'm not sure if it was removed intentionally, or if your web development software just shows the first X tabs and hides the rest. If the latter is the case, you may need to move the Forum link under another category, like Academics, or make Conferences a more general "Contact" category with both.
Just my $0.02. Smile

Joe
Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Joe- Yeah I took that down so that the Online Course menu would fit. I will throw it under something else for now. We are getting a new website here in the next 3-4 weeks so I didn't feel like messing with it much. Didn't you know it is required to memorize our forum, blog, and facebook page URLs to use our program? Laughing

Fri May 03, 2013 10:36 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kimi

Post Reply with quote
How will absences be handled, for example, if the child is sick or on a trip? Will there be a way for the child to see a recording of what was missed or to know what the assignments are?
Mon May 27, 2013 2:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Post Reply with quote
All classes will be recorded, but remember that you can login from anywhere! Live discussion and participation will help the student get the most out of the class. However, it can't always be avoided, so the recordings are a good back-up plan.

Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
redpanda23

Post Online course--2 students Reply with quote
Hello,
If I have 2 students that would sign up for the same online course, would they each pay the full amount? thanks, Lisa
Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Post Reply with quote
Yes- each student will be graded on their own accord and for credit. Is it possible for them to be on separate computers at the same time? Participation is going to be a large part of the experience, although I suppose they could take turns.

Wed May 29, 2013 6:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: