RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
New Geography Program

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School View previous topic
View next topic

New Geography Program
rc3tkc

Post New Geography Program Reply with quote
I saw that you are changing your geography program from Map Skills to Evan Moor. I am not sure if I should switch as well, or if I should continue along with Map Skills since I am used to it, and already have the answer keys to every level. I wonder if you can tell me the reasoning behind making the switch? And can you compare the programs at all? Will Evan Moor be able to be done as independently as Map Skills could? Will it be covering more topics - something that Map Skills left out, perhaps? And will it take more time to complete each week?
Thanks.
Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dianne Muth

Post Reply with quote
Evan-Moor covers much more than Map Skills. There is a map in each lesson. You do need the teacher's edition because it has all of the information to pass on to the student before the student completes the answers to the questions about the map. After the parent has read a short piece of information about the map, the student should be able to complete the work independently. The only exception here should be for first graders who may not be able to read all of the questions. We will also have quarter exams with answer keys for each level of geography, which we did not have before. You may continue with Map Skills if you like. However, we no longer carry the books.
Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:32 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Grade School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: