RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Parchment's 2 different processes & request

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » College Counseling View previous topic
View next topic

Parchment's 2 different processes & request
gardener

Post Parchment's 2 different processes & request Reply with quote
On December 15th, the first time we requested (via Parchment) our daughter's (9th through 11th grade) Kolbe transcript to be sent to the colleges she applied to through the Common Application we used the process of making separate requests for each college by selecting "Academic Destinations" according to Parchment directions. Then today I saw a screen that had this (between the asterisks below) information.

"Send your transcript electronically to Common Application

If you submit your application to Common App member colleges online at www.commonapp.org and your counselor accepts your invitation to submit the associated school forms online, you can request Parchment Exchange to send your transcript to the Common App to be made available to ALL Common App member colleges to which you applied or will apply online through the Common App site.

If you apply to a Common App member college through a different process (i.e. through a paper application or a different online application) or your counselor does not accept your invitation to submit the associated school forms online, you must make separate requests for each college by selecting Academic Destinations and searching for the individual colleges."

May the Kolbe counselor "accept [our] invitation to submit the associated school forms online"?

Is there any advantage (apart from possibly costing less) to doing that rather than making separate requests like we did before?

Has anyone else done this?

Two of her colleges do require the transcript be mailed via US Mail - that Parchment did in December. All the colleges want to receive the transcript together with the School Report which we note in her Common Application had been started January 7th, but has not yet been submitted. We would greatly appreciate the Kolbe school counselor at least submit the School Report to the Common Application.
Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Everett Buyarski

Post Reply with quote
The Parchment transcripts weren't an issue, and in fact, transcripts for the CommonApp don't have to go through Parchment, but can go directly to the common app online. In looking at your common app, it did hit a snag, which I've been able to resolve. Unfortunately the common app has had some technical difficulties this year that didn't exist in past years (they "upgraded" to a new platform this year).
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:25 am View user's profile Send private message
gardener

Post request re MidYear report/transcript Reply with quote
Thank you for resolving that.

Today Parchment still only shows the first transcript sent in December. According to the USPS Kolbe Academy received my daughter's second quarter and first semester paperwork on Friday 2/7/14.

My daughter received civil phonecalls from two of the universities about wanting the most current transcript (since she asked to be considered for merit scholarship), and this nasty email from another:

"All necessary and official documentation must be received by February 15 or your application will be closed."

How soon will the first semester transcript be uploaded to Parchment?

We would greatly appreciate that be done before the February 15th deadline as two of the universities require the information be mailed to them, and Parchment does that in a timely manner.
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message
gardener

Post Reply with quote
Thank you, Mr. Buyarski, for helping me yesterday to resolve this issue.
Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » College Counseling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: