RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
prayers for our son

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Prayer Intentions View previous topic
View next topic

prayers for our son
redpanda23

Post prayers for our son Reply with quote
Hello, Can you pray for discernment for our son? He is interested in going to seminary after High School. thank you.
Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message
drmommy

Post Reply with quote
Yes, I will pray for him today that he will experience clarity and peace in his decision. Bridget
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
How exciting! The first Kolbe grad (that we know of) was ordained last June. There is an article somewhere on here. Also, I believe SharonH's son is currently in the seminary. Maybe she can give you some advice?

Praying for discernment!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sharonh

Post Reply with quote
Paul would be happy to answer questions. He is studying for Archdiocese of St Paul/Minneapolis and is enrolled at University of St Thomas/St John Vianney Seminary in St Paul.

see this Kolbe thread.

http://www.kolbeforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=3676

We will pray.

I do want to say that Paul was told some men are called to the priesthood and some are called to seminary. That means some men are NOT called to priesthood but are called to attend seminary to grow in virtue. Attendance at a seminary in never wasted even if the man is not ordained. Kolbe's Everett Buyarski also attended seminary for a few years and is now happily married.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Everett Buyarski

Post Reply with quote
I'm certainly happy to keep our students in prayer as they go through the process of discerning a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. As Sharon mentions, I spent 2 years in College Seminary, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. After my freshman year of college as a regular student, I knew that I had gotten as far as I could in my discernment process without entering the seminary. There was no further discerning of whether or not I was called to the priesthood that would happen if I just continued the path I was on. So, I entered the seminary, spent two wonderful years there, and left when I discerned that I was pretty sure I wasn't called to the priesthood, and definitely sure I wasn't called to remain in the seminary at that time. During that time I received fantastic formation and made many wonderful friends. Leaving the seminary wasn't a failure of the process, but a success of the process.

I think one of the important things to consider in discerning any vocation is that there's both the big picture of "what vocation is God calling me to?" and the immediate "what action is God calling me to right now".

In any case, if I can be of assistance, feel free and contact me. Every year we have several graduates who enter the seminary or discernment programs for religious congregations.
Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:21 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Prayer Intentions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: