RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Men of Rome guides

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Parent Interaction View previous topic
View next topic

Men of Rome guides
Jamierose21

Post Men of Rome guides Reply with quote
Can this course be done well with only having the men of Rome text? Are the student and/or teachers guides needed?
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 am View user's profile Send private message
Celeste Cuellar

Post Reply with quote
If you're referring to the Famous Men of Rome book, Kolbe has now combined the Famous Men of Greece with the Famous Men of Rome for a year long course in history available this fall. It's designated for 4th grade, but could be used in 5th.

The student guides are designed to provide a more thorough understanding of the material and the purpose of the teacher's guides is to make the teacher's life easier. Smile

Course plans are almost complete for the new 5th grade textbook on US history, Sea to Shining Sea, from the Catholic textbook Project and that would be another option.

Celeste
Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message
JoeW

Post Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of History Option 2. What's the topical progression going to look like after these revisions?

Initially, there was: Biblical times, Egypt, Greece, Rome, then Old World and American going back through to the founding of the USA.
Then 7th and 8th goes back over history again from start to present with the Anne Carroll books.

I know Egypt wasn't updated with the new course plans some years ago. Will there be other changes to the track?

Thanks!
Joe
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 am View user's profile Send private message
cathymat

Post Reply with quote
I just realized as I was signing up my fourth grader yesterday that FMoG and FMoR are now combined in one year. I have a rising 4th and 5th grader this year. We did not do them together for the 5th grader. I almost wish I had known last year and I could have put them in the same history together. Now I am not sure what to do with them. They have been doing history separately the whole time. I am not sure my younger one can do both books in one year. We have been following the old format-Egypt, Greece, Rome, Old World, and so on. Is it OK to continue that and not do the program as it is currently set up?
Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:40 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Parent Interaction All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: